Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Are you Neglecting your Eyebrows?

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here to talk to you about Eyebrow care. This is something I honestly don't spend TOO much time on, but I do spend some time on it and I think everyone should show a little eyebrow care!

Lourdes
My eyebrows are thick and naturally arched and I actually like my eyebrows so I don't tweeze or alter them too much...I just make sure they don't become a uni-brow! Madonna's daughter Lourdes has crazy eyebrows and I fear of having my eyebrows look like that! Granted she is just a kid, but this look is something I don't ever want nor do I think it should ever be in style! 

I adore Megan Fox's eyebrows! Those are what I would choose to have and I am pretty close to that...if I were to tweeze the shape of my eyebrows to keep them neat and clean then I am sure it would be identical. I just know I will be too lazy to keep it up so I don't bother, hah.
 

SO, my eyebrow care usually consists of shaving the middle section about every other day, while I do this I also trim the start of my brows at the peak closest to my nose. To do this I mainly use a Noxzema: Bikini Shaver and occasionally I will use the Noxzema: Eyebrow Shaper. They both work amazing and have the best design for trimming small areas. They work flawlessly and I LOVE them!

Another thing I have to do, since I dye my hair...currently black, I have to make sure my eyebrows are a decent shade to match my hair color. So every time I dye my hair / root touch-up I make sure I take a Q-tip and put a little hair dye on it and apply to my brows. I only leave this on for 15 minutes, not as long as the dye in my hair, and it works perfectly. My brows are darker which matches my current black hair and I am happy.

BUT, since I wash my face a lot, as part of my nightly ritual, the eyebrow color tends to fade faster so in that case I turn to my Avon Pro: Brow Enhancer. I don't use the black, I actually use the dark brown so my brows don't look too freaky dark! I always worry it will look like a sharpie! lol This particular brow product fills in color of my brows for that dramatic look while also setting them in place as it is a gel formula. It is not a pencil so the fill in, super bold, drastic look will not happen. It is a gell, color fill in that gives a full color without looking FAKE! When filling in your brows with color I would suggest going light on eye makeup!
Okay, lastly, when I don't use my brow enhancer I make sure I define them with Burt's Bees: Repair Serum. I do this because after I apply my foundation and powder my eye brows get faded and blended with the makeup so I have to clean them off and give them some definition and shine. The serum is basically a combination of Borage and evening primrose oils, so you can use any oil type product you would like...baby oil and any hair treatment oil would work just as fine. I like the Burt's Bees oil because of the scent and I can easily work with it now that I have been using it for a while now. It is the perfect consistency for me to apply to my brows, not a heavy oil just a light one that gives my brows a sleek, shiny look that I like a lot!

So there you have it, my brow upkeep and care! I just want you all to know that everyone is different and we all have different tastes, so make sure you mold your beauty based on YOUR style and not someone elses. People are going to have their opinions but please don't change your likes or looks for anyone! Be your own person :) I know sometimes it's easier said than done and I have heard my fair share of opinions (especially from my mom...love you mom!) about my dark hair or my makeup...but I am who I am and I love the way I look and we should all be supportive of each other and less critical! It's one thing if someone asks for your opinion on a shirt or makeup color, but no one likes unsolicited advice!

Until next week...Keep On Being Beautiful You!

No comments:

Post a Comment