Monday, December 19, 2011

Spray your hair with a little or a lot...

Good Monday Morning.

Sara

Today is an almost ironic topic for me.  Hair Volume!  How to achieve it... Well I have not really been ever able to achieve hair volume. 

I try... oh believe me, I try....    I have tried Perms, I  have tried gels, Sprays, Shampoos, conditioners, rollers, curling iron, some of those "as seen on TV" hair systems... and I am sorry to say my hair is as flat today as it is most days...

In all my efforts though I have found a tricks from hair dressers that will give a little oomph to my hair.  I really only go this when I have to go out, or for photos...

So take your favorite Hair Spray, I use Finesse extra hold hairspray.  I only buy maxi um hold, or extra hold because my hair is so fine.  I have had a few hair dressers tease my hair (which is the worst, because I knot up so easily, it will take double dose of conditioner to untangle that situation)...

  1. Wash Hair with volumizing shampoo and conditioner, like John Freida
  2. Apply Rusk Wired Styling Cream , or living proof full thickening cream
  3.                - small dab on wet hair and then brush through
  4. Blow out your hair
  5. - Now if you can do this the day before and then try the curling bit the next day... i have found that it does stay just a tad longer...
  6. Now try to curl:
  7. divide into sections ( I use a hair clip to help it stay segmented)
  8. Heat up curling iron
  9. take segment and hold hairspray about 6 to 8 inches away and spray up and down,
  10. Now curl that segment with curling iron
  11. Repeat until all segments all over your head are curled
  12. Brush out gently
  13. Flip your hair upside down and scrunch a few times
  14. You are ready to go....

Happy Monday

Sara
 

No comments:

Post a Comment