Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Your Perfect, Now Make It Last All Night :)

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here with my tricks and tips to keep your hair style lasting all night long!








I have different products that work differently depending on what type of hair style I am going to do. I have VERY long and hair and VERY VERY thick hair...so I prep my hair the night before. After I shower I put in my hair treatments (next blog topic) and then I apply my hold products. If I want my hair to be wavy (it's naturally frizzy but it can be tamed into a wave) I will apply my gel while my hair is wet and then sleep on it all night it will tame it pretty well. My favorite is actually sold as a men's product, which I think is only because of the scent being masculine but I tend to like those kind of scents anyway (who doesn't?). Suave Professionals Men Styling Gel, Wet Look works perfectly with my hair! It gives perfect, defined waves with a movable hold...not the 1990's stiff as a board type of hold :) If I have to tame it a bit more when I wake up I will either spot apply more gel (just add the gel to the worse areas), I don't like it looking perfect, I tend to go for the messy wavy look like Kristen Stewart usually has her hair.


Then to finish it off, and to finish any of my looks, I go for my pride and joy of hair products...MoroccanOil Glimmer Shine Spray. If I forget to apply products at night on my wet hair to set it for the next day, I can always rely on my MoroccanOil Glimmer Shine Spray to tame the wild locks. I spray it all over on dry hair and the oil doesn't weigh down my hair but sets it into place really, tones down the frizz and makes my hair look super shiny! I LOVE this stuff!
 
Another wavy treatment I will apply at night (on wet hair) if I want more defined and perfect waves is John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Curl Reviver styling mousse. This does just what it says, revives my curls / waves and makes them more defined and put together. So if I have a more formal party of event and I wanted perfect waves I would use this :) Can't go wrong with any Frizz-Ease products!

Did I mention I never blow dry my hair? That's why I have to do all of my treatments and remedies the night before on wet hair so it will be set for the next day. I rarely ever cur it or straighten it anymore, simply because I don't have time! So I try my best to keep everything natural under control. So to further ensure my hair will hold up for the nights I go out or have a holiday party or function to attend I make sure to spray it with hair spray...but not just any hairspray it has to be Dove Damage Therapy Flexible Hold Hairspray. It hold my hair perfectly yet it doesn't look or feel like I have hairspray in! It is amazing and I can't live without this. So for most all of my hair styles I will use that to finish the style. When I do make time to style my hair it is quite a process, especially if I want to curl it because I usually straighten it first, then add in big curls with a curling iron. So it takes forever.

If I want a really polished look, I will straighten my hair then apply the Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine Spray followed by a stronger hair spray. L'Oreal Elnett Satin extra strong hold hairspray. It contains humidity protection which is something I need with the frizzy, thick hair I have! This hair spray will hold ANYTHING in place...forever! Well, until you brush your hair...then it disappears just like that. No commitment here unless you want it! I also use a load of this stuff when I do a sleek up-do, I will pull my hair back into a sleek and perfectly brushed pony-tail and spray my head all over the top and sides and slick it back. I can also do that when I do my ballerina bun hairstyle. I mostly love wearing my hair down because I feel my best when I have all my hair around me. But there are times when I will do my super sleek, polished up-do just to show off huge flashy earrings, which is also very fun to do!
 
Whatever you decide to do for your Holiday hair, make sure it stays just the way to want it so you don't have to worry about it for the rest of the night! There are far more important things to focus on besides your hair staying in place...like spending quality time with friends and family! So relax and enjoy the holidays :)



 Until next time, Keep On Being Beautiful You!


No comments:

Post a Comment