Friday, January 6, 2012

Burn, Baby, Burn!

Hey All, hopefully by now you’re fully recovered from the New Year extravaganza.  I know it’s hard to believe that with all the planning and preparation of the holidays…it’s all OVER!  Personally I’m looking forward to the New Year and so far things have been terrific! 

Now contrary to the rest of the country, Southern California has been in the 80’s during the day and beautiful.  In fact, I went to the beach (bikini and all) New Year’s Day.  Crazy!  But at night the temperature drops to low 50’s and it’s time to snuggle up a bit.  What better way to warm your night than lighting a few candles.

In my many years, I’ve have burned everything from religious candles to high end $30 candles.  My Mom used to think I was having a séance in my room.  I just love the warm feeling they give and besides who doesn’t look good in candle light.

Hands down, one of my favorite candles to burn is from SoiCandle Company based in Modesto, CA.  With over 30 scents to choose from it’s hard to choose which is my all time favorite.  Recently, I’ve burned Sweet Magnolia and Island Breeze.  Of course not at the same time, but both just radiate throughout my house.  Another thing that I love about Soi candles is they last a long time . I should also add that when you blow out the flame, you can use the soy wax as a hand moisturizer or massage oil if you’re feeling frisky.  They have several different sizes to choose from.  Take Soi with you with their 2oz travel tins or stay at home with their 16oz jars that burn for up to 140 hours… HELLO! 

What I like about Soi is how conscience they are about how their candles effect the environment. With Soi Candles you don’t have the disgusting soot that is sometimes left over when you burn other candles.  Don’t you just wonder what you’re actually breathing in?  Soi uses 100% FDA approved, kosher soy oil that burns cleaner and longer than paraffin wax.  Did you know that even food grade paraffin has carcinogens in it?  Yep!  So when you’re picking a candle to set the mood with your loved one, might want to think again what it’s made of- well unless they have a high life insurance policy… I’M KIDDING!

 Happy Birthday to King of Burning Love… Elvis!
Cheers…

b

No comments:

Post a Comment