Friday, June 29, 2012

Air Brushed to Beautiful

As the warmer months approach us, it seems that everyone is talking about skin cancer and how to protect yourself against it.  But yet we see these beautiful models tanned and toned on the face of practically every magazine from April to August.

Personally, the spray on tans kind of scares me.  I really don’t trust myself to get the perfect coverage.  I mean what about on your back?  I’m just not that talented!  So you ask, Beck, Just go get it done.  Sure I could, but then I see myself looking like Tony the Tiger in a couple of days or if you’re a Friends fan… remember the episode where Ross goes and gets level 4 on just the front TWICE!  Yep that’s my luck-ha-ha!
So this week I opted to try air brushed make up instead.  This is really cool and so much fun.  My hair angel, Amanda has started her own business doing make-up for weddings and special occasions (www.mylastinglook.com).  She began by applying a primer to my face and then gently sprayed on the foundation.  At first it was cold, but as she continued it felt really cool.  I know what you’re thinking, ok it’s thick like spray paint and I’ll look like a clown.  Nope!  You couldn’t even tell I was had foundation on.  It looked so natural and felt natural too.  The liquid foundation Amanda used is water based so it won’t clog your pores either.  Let me tell you friends, I put this make-up to the test.  After getting painted up, the BF and I took off to go wine tasting on one of the warmest days we’ve had in California this year.  Even with all the sweating and days wear, my face was still on.  At the end of the day, I was very happy with how my face had performed and how I looked.  Usually the first thing I want to do is wash my face when I get home from the day, but I didn’t even feel like I had make-up on.  If ever I was to take the leap of faith and walk down the aisle again, I’d definitely go this route.
Take Care,
beckie b

No comments:

Post a Comment