Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brightening the Dull Skin Doldrums

Hi, everyone. It’s Tara here, writing about skin brighteners—our final topic for the entire summer (gasp!). We chose skin brighteners for this topic due to the unanimous opinion within the office and amongst friends that three months of sun can leave skin looking a bit sallow and dull. Each of us has a favorite product or process to correct this damaged look. Mine is Kate Somerville’s Cytocell Dermal Energizing Treatment.

So there are a few funny things about me using this product. First off, I never would’ve purchased it on my own. It’s a self-described anti-aging product (I’m in my mid twenties), and it has a very high tech look and ingredient deck—two features that usually deter me from a product. We received a sample in one of New Beauty’s Test Tubes, and when I couldn’t find any hand cream at my desk (you can’t believe how lazy I was being…hand creams are all over our office!) I used a small amount. The immediate softening effect was hard to miss. Then I began using it on my face, and…WOW! Interestingly enough, the company website indicates that the product can be used to restore skin with scarring. Okay, that is pretty serious. And it works. When my skin is looking extra dull, and I want that little extra glow, I always come back to this. My trick is to wash my face with a very gentle cleanser; exfoliate; then, while the bathroom is still steamy, tone; then apply Kate Somerville’s Cytocell; then apply a light balancing oil on top. That’s all I need. Your routine might vary, but I bet this product will have a similar effect on your skin. If you do try it, please let us know what you think!

With September approaching, that means cleansers are on their way. Many apologies to those of you who got a sneak peek at my face cleanser post today…clearly I'm already in the fall state of mind here at school. Until next week, this is Tara, wishing you a Happy transition into your new season and routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment