Monday, August 29, 2011

Okay, Let’s Face It...

*Hey Everyone, Jessica here with a weekly update due to the weather that occurred this weekend. Hurricane Irene came through our office in Maine with minimal damage but half of the staff did lose power...including Sara. So instead of her going out of her way to find a power source, we have on our team of awesome woman, another Becky (spelled different). Our very own East Coast, Maine office Becky Blake that has opted out of blogging weekly ONLY because she has such sensitive skin. This week, however, she had an opinion on the topic...and from time to time she will have opinions of the weekly topics and will share with you her thoughts from the perspective of a person with VERY sensitive skin. Maybe she will even help some of you out there with the same problems. Here in her first blog she gets all "best friend type" of personal with us as we conclude the discussions on hair removal...enjoy :)*

Hi Folks,

Blake here to talk about a rather taboo topic: the removal of unwanted facial hair. Okay let’s face it (pardon the pun….) how many women out there want their facial hair? It’s all unwanted!!!!!

So I’m just going to say this out loud. I have facial hair. I’m not sure why this topic is one that many choose to avoid. When I realized that I need to do “something” about my facial hair I started asking my friends what they used. They all replied with “I have no idea what to tell you as I don’t have that problem.” My immediate thoughts were yah right – just look in the mirror – you have the problem. Good thing I keep my thoughts to myself. Speaking those thoughts out loud could cause me to lose friends!

I have extremely sensitive skin which makes it hard to find the right product. I experimented with several different brands and styles of products before I finally found Sally Hansen Cream Hair Remover Kit for the Face. This works like magic.
I apply the cream with a light touch. No rubbing! I wait for 4 minutes (I set a timer) and gently remove with a wet cloth. I rinse well with water and apply the conditioner while my face is still wet. This helps me spread the conditioner smoothly. I leave the conditioner to dry on its own. The conditioner works superbly – it takes the “sting” out. Due to the sensitivity of my skin I don’t wash my face again till the next morning. I follow these steps once every two weeks. I will admit that I need to pluck stray hairs that appear between treatments.

Just feel the need to share a few tips: I wear a shower cap while I use this product as I definitely want to keep the hair on my head from falling onto my face. I don’t let my cats in the bathroom while I’m going through this ritual (they don’t need to remove their facial hair!) I make sure to wash out the cloth I used to remove the product, the sink, and the counter top very thoroughly as any product left on any surface may possibly harm a pet.

Remember take time to enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment