Friday, August 26, 2011

Sashquatch... I don't think so!






Hey... Hey... It's Friday and I'm Beckie and I'll be your beauty tour guide today.

So let's see a raise of hands for all of you that have gone and received some sort of hair removal treatment? This could be laser hair removal, electrolosis, waxing and even threading. Did you know that women spend on average $10,o00 on hair removal products over a lifetime? Holy Cow!! That's a lot of money and because we're friends I will admit, that I have been guilty for spending some hard earned cash on removing unwanted hair. In fact, I'm in the process right now of doing laser treatment and so far... I'm lovin' it! Although, I would say that's it not for everyone because it is slightly painful but I take the approach, "I've had two kids, how bad can it be?" Now for those of you that have not experienced this, I'll explain. When you go in, the technician moves a laser across your skin and basically deadens the hair follicle. Awesome! right? Well, yes, but after words you get these little dead hairs hanging out that are supposed to come out when you shave, but not always or maybe just not as quickly as I would like. So I pluck them. For awhile I was using my old school tweezers, pointed tip... I think they were my Grandma's.. and wasn't satisfied with their results. So I went and found a company called Slice. They make the most amazing tweezers. The sets that I tried were the Pointed Tweezers for the super tiny hairs and then I also ventured out and tried their Combo Tip Tweezers with the soft touch finish. The size of the tweezers fit super easy in my hand and with their soft touch coating they don't slip out of your fingers either. I have also tried Tweezerman tweezers and feel that Slice tweezers have a better feel and better control on the hair.

You may be asking yourself, ok Beck but what if I can't do the laser treatment, what do I use? Well let me share with you! I've been shaving since I was in 6th grade- don't tell my Mom. Let me tell you I've used everything from your basic bar soap to shaving gels to body wash. For awhile, I was beginning to think that everything was basically the same until I tried Dr. Bronner's Shaving Soap Gel. This gel has a yummy caramel scent and is very easy to use. It doesn't clog up your razor like some creams and there isn't a residue left over on your skin after shaving, just soft smooth skin. Thinking that this was the holy grail of shaving creams I didn't think I needed to look further, until I started talking to a friend of mine. He mentioned that he shaves with Aveda's Shave Cream for men. So I thought, my legs can be as hairy as Sashquatch, I'll give it a try. Let me tell you, this product is AWEMAZING!!! My legs were smooth and felt moisturized all day and the smell... oh the smell! It was like having a spa treatment in my own shower! So thanks to my dear friend for making the recommendation and I'll be an Aveda fan for life.

So here's to an fantastic weekend!
Keep being Fabulous

Muah!
beckie b


No comments:

Post a Comment