Friday, December 16, 2011

So They Sprinkled Moon Dust in Your Hair…

Well we have 2 more Fridays until the big weekend and 3 until the end of the year!  Hey everyone, it’s Beckie! 

Can you believe that we are so close to saying goodbye to 2011?  Personally, I’m looking forward to 2012 and turning over a few new leaves; maybe even a few new looks.

One of my favorite things to see when I drop my kids off at school is little kids with bed head.  It just makes me giggle.  I start to imagine the conversation with the parent and the child-because I’ve been there- and I know the struggle.  Earlier this week, there was this little boy in my daughter’s class and he had a major rooster tail going on.  It was AWESOME!  The funny thing about kids and their unkempt coiffure… they really don’t care.  I could only wish to have that same attitude.  Instead every 5-6 weeks I find myself visiting my hair angel Mandy and she waves her magic wand and I’m human again.
Women do a lot of crazy things to make ourselves more appealing to the opposite sex and really to other women as well.  We wear makeup, put feathers in our hair and some even get eyelash extensions.  My newest adventure was adding rhinestones to my attire.  Not on my fingers or ears, but in my hair.  Last month I was lucky enough to attend the Marine Corps Ball.  Having never been invited before, I had no idea what to expect, so I did a little recon work.  Let me tell you, YouTube is an amazing tool for things like this.  This Ball was not your normal cocktail party.  It was a big deal!  The ladies in floor length gowns, every hair perfectly placed, make up done and precisely picked accessories.  It was like Prom on steroids!  So I knew I had to do something special.  So what did I do, you ask?  Bring the bling of course!  And that’s what I did.  I found a very conservative dress and wore my hair up and dropped a few rhinestones in my hair. 

A company by the name of Luminence , LLC out of La Jolla, Ca, makes these really cool rhinestone stickers for your hair.  They come in multiple colors and all you have to do is stick them where you want them.  Now I did ask a few friends with different types of hair and it seems the outcome was, they work better on straight or smooth hair.  In curly hair they get lost.  But they are fun and add a little glitz to your hair.

Have a great weekend!
Cheers!
Beckie b

1 comment: