Thursday, December 15, 2011

To Dye or Not to Dye




Greetings Grayce here!




To dye or not to dye
Such a dilemma, when I started getting a few gray strands I was not sure what to do!!!

 
"Hair becomes gray when the cells in our hair follicles known as melanocytes cease to produce pigment, the chief one being melanin. Hairs are composed of an outer layer, known as the cuticle, made of overlapping flat cells and underneath is a thick cortex of protein called keratin. The inside of the hair are softer, rectangular cells. What determines the color of your hair is the concentration of pigment in the cortex."
There are many silver shampoos and products that will give you that luxurious sheen to your gray hair & remove the yellow cast.

I love Meryl Streep in the devils wears Prada but alas I do not look like her LOL
 
I love to experiment & proceeded to try several different brands. I explored many salons several of them were spot on, with their own unique processes.
While experimenting I tried several at home kits quite a few worked really well, covered the gray and left my hair with a fabulous sheen.


The brand that worked best for my hair was Preference by L’Oreal it is so easy - follow the directions apply it to your hair & rinse then condition. You have a whole new refreshed look.
 But alas I could not stop there I wanted highlights… I have had this done professionally which usually came out great.



The at home kits looked so easy… my favorite is L'Oreal La Petit Frost
It’s a must to follow the directions - apply the cap with holes marked clearly & pull a few strands or as many as you like, this part is the most time consuming but rewarding giving you stunning highlights and a recharged look.  

Just like the ad says “Because Your Worth It”.
Because I have color treated I do not leave it on more than 10 to 15 minutes, gives me subtle highlights
Whatever you choose to dye or not to dye it is fun experiment with your hair style color because it will grow back & you can change it again …

Enjoy the journey!
may all your holiday wishes come true 

No comments:

Post a Comment