Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A New You in an Instant! Easy Holiday Hair :)

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here again for your Wednesday review. As you know by now, this week we are talking about hair colors/dyes, extensions, accessories and everything to get your prepped for holiday hair-dos!

Last year at this time I had my hair styled with bangs, the fashion type that grew popular, but I must say that I had them done that way before they became common. But anyway, I loved the way I looked with bangs and I got so many compliments on them. I only started growing them out...I think last spring, when I asked family members if I should keep the bangs or grow them out, they told me to grow them out so I did. They know best right? hah. The maintenance was annoying to deal with anyway, my hair grows so fast and I didn't have the time to stop by the hair dressers every two weeks for a trim and so I would usually do it myself and it eventually looked sloppy. A woman like me is far too busy for bangs. I do miss them from time to time though and when I see someone else with bangs I always wonder if I should cut them again...that is until I discovered clip-in bangs! Jessica Simpson and Ken Paves have come out with a line of extensions and hair styles but I did not know about the clip-in bangs!

These things are awesome, I bought the Ken Paves Hairdo in Chocolate Copper color and even though I change my hair color a lot it still has worked. I had red hair before and it blended in looking like darker highlights, now I have dark brown hair and it looks like light highlights mixed in. I have indeed worn these out in public too, as a test and no one can ever tell that I am wearing a clip-in. It also has been ideal for me as an independent film actress because I can change my look instantly! It looks good with my hair up and my hair down, so now matter how you want to style your hair these are an AWESOME addition. So easy to use too, just three little clips you snap into place. You have to part your hair down the middle first and then I recommend you clip the middle clip first so you can adjust and position the length of bangs you want, then you can clip in the sides. Voila!

Another Holiday hair MUST HAVE, that I have become recently obsessed with, are hair chains. I am a huge history lover and I have lately been looking at the history of women's fashion in Egyptian and Roman times. With that history as inspiration I was fooling around with my hair one day, trying to do those kind of hair styles when I grabbed this chain necklace. It's an old necklace that pretty much broke as soon as I bought it, but I kept it so I can use it for something (I have crafty moments and create my own fashions so I keep everything, sometimes good...sometimes bad).So when I came across that old (very cool) broken necklace and put it in my hair...wow, it was gorgeous! I invented something!! I was about to run out the my closest craft store and buy all of the materials to create "my invention" when I decided to first sit down and Google search "my idea" to see if there was any competition and in fact there was...and "my invention" was nothing new *sigh*. Still though, I haven't seen many people (apart from a few celebrities) use these beautiful hair chains so I bought one. I will probably make my own as well because these things are so fabulous and I want to have many different ones, yet they can be kind of pricey.

Another, old fashioned, name for these is Chainmail Headdress. These types are more elaborate and are more of a medieval fashion but the look is very dramatic and sexy. I do want to try of one these and it's probably most appropriate to wear it to a party since it is so glamorous looking. I attached a bunch of pictures of styles I like because there are SO many different types I just can't choose one that I love! I couldn't particularly find a website of a company that actually makes these and that I could directly buy from them, all the ones I found were in the UK...so we need to make this a hit in the USA so I can buy them easier, hah. I found a very few on Amazon. and Kim Kardashian has some in her line from GalmHouse which are not too bad in price, but not a lot of selection. So if any of you readers know where to buy any of these let me know!!!! SERIOUSLY. Until then I will try and make my own :)
 

Next week we will get into the best products to hold your holiday hairdos, hair sprays, volumizers, mousse, gel...you get the idea.


Stay warm and as always, Keep on Being Beautiful YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment