Friday, April 27, 2012

No Water Needed…

Hello my beautiful friends and Happy Friday to you!  So this weekend my sweetheart and I are going camping.  I can’t even tell you how long it’s been since I’ve been real dry camping- haha!  Oh the things we do for love right? 


Well I thought what a great topic to talk about this week… dry shampoo.  For the longest time, I thought this was a product that was just for kittens and puppies that were too young to bathe yet.  Apparently I’m wrong because EVERYONE and their mom has a dry shampoo.  Having since been convinced by my BFF to try one out, I’ve been hooked.  I have relatively thin hair and if the wind blows it gets oily.  So since my introduction to dry shampoo, I don’t have to wash my hair every day.  For those that don’t know, most of the dry shampoos are an aerosol powder that absorbs the oils that collect on your hair. (They also work great as a volumizer to “dirty” your hair)
The first dry shampoo I tried was from Batiste.  At first it gets a little getting used to.  Since I’m a brunette, I had to be very careful how close and how much I sprayed on my hair;  but overall a very good experience.  Of course I should mention that the Batiste fragrance I tried was the tropical.  I instantly wanted to be on a beach in Hawaii with a Long Island Ice Tea in my hand and my buns in the sand.  It smells SOOOOO good!  Then tragedy struck.  I ran out and was in a pinch, so I purchased another brand.  I bought Suave’s brand.  The theory that more is better… not always true.  For a drugstore brand and relatively inexpensive, this is a great dry shampoo.  It actually is a little lighter in weight when applied so your hair doesn’t feel as dirty.

So this weekend, I’ll be packing my dry shampoo and my baby wipes for bathing-LOL!

Be kind to each other and have a great weekend.

Beckie b

No comments:

Post a Comment