Friday, April 13, 2012

Smooth and Sexy

So here it is Friday again, can you believe it?  Well Spring has sprung, although I would say that the poor wildflowers here in California are a little confused.  Usually we have lupines (some of you may call the Texas Blue Bonnets) by Easter, but I haven’t seen one.  Even our California Poppies are a little scarce.  But have no fear; the retailers are in full force with spring fashions including the ever scary bathing suit. (Note to self: Do  not eat a cheeseburger and fries and then go try suits on) 


So what to do to prepare?  Well you can go old school and sport the 60’s bikini with the wide bottoms and high waist or the itsy bitsy teeny- kini.  Well if you’ve been with me from the beginning, I’ve shared that I apparently take after my Dad in the hair growth arena.  No... Don’t get gross.  I’m not crazy hairy.  I am just one of those girls that have to shave everyday or I’ll find small children wrapped in my leg hair.  During the warmer months of the year, my family and I go out to the river and ride jet skis.  So basically I’m in a bathing suit for 3 days straight.  For awhile, I’d shave every day and then it just became silly.  So I took the bull by the horns and signed up for laser hair removal for my lady parts.  I can’t tell you how happy I am with my decision.  It’s not an automatic, instant gratification process, but for me it was one of the best beauty decisions I’ve made.  I did about 6 sessions every 4 weeks and now I don’t have to worry about missing certain areas.  I will warn you though, it’s kinda painful.  Your technician can apply a numbing cream, which I highly recommend.  But it’s well worth a little sting.

Since I’m a scaredy cat when it comes to lasers near my face, I have my eyebrows threaded.  This is a technique that is popular in most Arab countries as well as Indian and Persian cultures.  Practitioners use a very thin thread to help shape my eyebrows.  For me, waxing didn’t work because I would breakout and it would irritate my skin.  But with threading, within a half hour, the redness has dissipated and no irritation.

So from Mr. Bigglesworth and I, have a Million dollar kinda weekend.

Beckie B

1 comment:

  1. You have seen them, The Red Fluff Ladies, Burns En aning Ladies and the super eye-catching Creature Energy Drink Ladies. These are just some of the eye-catching lady tasks that an eye-catching lady can obtain.

    Live girls

    ReplyDelete