Friday, May 25, 2012

Climbing Curtains Is For Kitten Claws…

Put your hands in the air and wave ‘em like you just don’t care because why?  IT’S FRIDAY!  Hey All, it’s your Friday Fabber Beckie.

I have to tell you, my personal opinion; I think you can tell a lot about someone just by looking at their hands; if they smoke, if they bite their nails or even maybe their profession.  Personally I hate my hands but that’s just me.  I inherited long boney fingers from my mom.  I was able to reach an entire octave on the piano at the age of 8.   Swear!  So needless to say I keep my nails relatively short-I’m too active to have them long and dainty.  Regardless I do see the importance of having healthy nails, so I don’t just leave them to do as they please on the tips of my fingers.

It’s only taken me 36 years (ok maybe not that long) but long enough that using cuticle cream or some sort of butter on my cuticles does actually help your nails grow.  I know what a novel concept right?  One of my favorites is Hellomellow’s butter.  It’s so nourishing and I don’t think too greasy.  It comes in 9 different fragrances, but my favorites are the Joy and Balance, two totally different fragrances.  Joy is a blend of juniper berry and sage and has a really clean, earthly smell.  Balance is a blend of bergamot, orange and chamomile.  What’s awesome is unlike most butters where you have to schlep 8-10oz of the stuff in your purse, Hellomellow sells little 1/2oz jars that are easily tossed in your makeup kit or purse.

Another trick that I’ve learned is taking care of the surface of my nails.  I have relatively thin nails, so they can get a little flakey sometimes.  A great find was from Barielle ® Nails.  Their Rebuilding Nail Repair polish is awesome.  You can use it just as a polish, because it has a beautiful pink color to it so it lends a nice healthy sheen (unlike another Sheen we may know) to your nails or you can use it under polish as a base coat.
Well friends there you go!  Enjoy your weekend and remember to love each other!

Cheers!
Beckie b

No comments:

Post a Comment