Friday, August 17, 2012

We've Come Full Circle

Hello Fabulous Followers and welcome to Friday!








So this week, we've all been talking about our favorite mineral products.  It seems that make up and beauty products are going back in time.  We're using ingredients that were used in ancient times.  Is it possible we've come full circle with make-up?  Now the opinion of make up has definitely changed.  In the Old Testament, women that wore it were called Jezebels, gypsies or harlots.  In the 19th century Queen Victory said that make-up was vulgar and improper and should only be worn by actors.  Hmmm... I wonder what she'd say about it today?
There are soooooo many choices and, for those that can't sleep at night, info-mericials about mineral make up and how great they are for your skin and how natural you're skin tone will look.  I agree.  I fell for the Bare Minerals and at the end of the day, I really did like it. I liked how it made my skin feel, like I didn't have any make up on.  Which as I've stated before, I hate wearing heavy foundation. I couldn't believe how a powder could allow for such long term coverage.

What I didn't get into was the color portion of Bare Minerals.  By that I mean, the eye shadows and the eye liners.  I really can't give you a good answer as to why, I just didn't.  Maybe it was my complete ignorance of how the whole process worked or maybe it was because I'm still in the "If it's not broken, why fix it", mode.

So for this week, I broke it. Well broke the mold that is and tried a mineral eyeliner from Tarte called Amazonian Clay Waterproof eyeliner.  The color I chose was their Charcoal.  Love it!  It has gold flecks in it that totally enhance my eyes... wicked BONUS!  The look I love is for a smokey eye, so I used this eyeliner as a cream eyeshadow too and added a gold powder eyeshadow on top to really add some pop!  Ok.. and topped it off with some glitter eyeliner, sorry I like things that glitter.  My one recommendation is to use a primer before applying.

Amazonian clay benefits:  
-nutrient-rich
-reduces dryness and flakiness  
-improves skin clarity, elasticity, firmness, and texture
-removes oil from the skin's surface
-smooth application                 
-mineral pigments known to soothe and soften the skin

Remember life is short, so have fun with it and love each other!
In beauty,

Beckie B

2 comments:

  1. I have a super sensitive skin that even broke out over Proactive when many vouch by that acne treatment..is Bare Mineral suitable for such skin.

    cheap clip in human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  2. About 1% of the population, I am sorry to say does have super sensitive skin and tend to react to most products.

    Our blogger Blake also has super sensitive skin like this. She did try the Bare Minerals and seemed to wear it with out to much of an issue, I think it may worth a try.

    Please make sure to test it on the inner part of your forearm. It is one of the most sensitive parts on your body, it will help you to determine if you are going to react, before it goes on to your face.

    Go to a Sephora or Ulta where you can try it in the store, before purchasing. Please make sure your brush is clean from any other products, so you know for sure what your reaction is to the product you are trying.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete