Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Flawless Face Please, Hold The Rocks!


Growing up, when thinking of the word mineral, just like any uninformed premature child my mind wandered straight to the rocks those silly boys would play with outside in the dirt, YUCK!   So as I started getting older and hearing about things like mineral makeup I was more than confused as to why there would be dirt and rocks in makeup and why anyone would ever want that on their face?! I was CLEARLY misled.  

So fast forward a few years, to where I pull the typical teenage girl and got my hands on any and all make up I could find! My witty mother still knows to this day to hide anything make up or beauty related when I’m around! So when my inner preteen chemist started locking herself in her bedroom and concocting all different makeup combinations, I found (after MANY trial and errors might I add!) that that mineral makeup that I had been so incredibly confused about, ended up being my favorite! After testing different brands I found my favorite mineral makeup by far is bareMinerals by BareEscentuals



                When the company started becoming overwhelmingly popular a few years back (everytime I turned on the TV I was blasted by an infomercial!), I decided I would find out whether or not it was worth all of the hype!  When I first bought the starter kit it took a little getting used to!  So after watching the infamous “swirl, tap, buff” segment a couple of times I got the hang of it and started seeing an even glowing tone with baby smooth skin.  Like many other teenagers all throughout high school I suffered through highly finicky skin that was less than perfect and being at that age it definitely took a toll on my self esteem.  I think this is one of the reasons I ended up loving bareMinerals SOOO much.  When I use my bareMinerals the powder feels light and smooth on my face like there’s nothing there at all,  but at the same time it gave me full coverage without heavy pore clogging so I didn’t feel like I was sacrificing one benefit for another.  I feel covered and flawless with this makeup on!  I over adore my bareMinerals to the point that when they’re gone I’m still scraping the bottom of the containers trying to get out whatever miniscule remnants are left!
               
      All of the products I’ve tried so far from this brand have really been a hit! Definitely a brand I intend on purchasing more from in the future!  Other bareMineral products that I’ve tried are the GetStarted; Eyes, Cheeks, Lips kit and the iQuad! The mineral based kit comes with blush, lip gloss, and eye shadows that when you contour together have an amazing luminescent look.  While the eye quad is four individual mineral powders that dust together for numerous color combinations that shimmer and sparkle giving your lids great depth.  These products however have run their course so are now only available from secondhand retailers online, but I really wish bareMinerals would bring them back because I LOVED both of these products so much!

                I think it’s safe to say that within the past ten years my definition of a “mineral” has highly evolved! Going from those dirty rocks, to the pure earth substances that smooth and perfect my skin to a point I can’t live without! So now that we have that one cleared up, Enjoy your day everyone! Until next time, -Gina  

No comments:

Post a Comment