Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What is BB Cream?

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here and this week (as you probably know by now) is Mineral Skin Care & Makeup week!



Being a makeup person I decided to put some mineral makeup to the test. Powder Mineral makeup is SO popular and now SO many brands have their own version of the Mineral Powder foundations. I already know hands down that my favorite I have tried thus far (and I am pretty sure I have tried all made ) is purminerals 4 in 1 pressed mineral foundation. So since I already raved about it and it works best for me, I let our temp worker Linnea try it and give you all a review which was posted yesterday :)

That still left me without a new product to review...especially since the one I specifically bought for this blog topic was stolen by Sara in Vegas and she has failed to return it to me! Believe it or not product hoarding is not even her Beauty Crime! Fine...she blogged about that Monday. So after thinking about this for a while I visited my makeup collection (I will have to do a YouTube video to show you all that craziness) and noticed a forgotten favorite that I have yet to tell you all about! BB Cream is a sudden obsession in the US and some parts of Europe but it shocked me to know it has actually been around for a long time.
BB Cream originated in Germany in the 1950s and was formulated by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek for patients to use after laser treatments and face surgeries. The cream was used to protect skin while also giving a light coverage. It reached South Korea and Japan in the 1980s and was considered "the secret of Korean actresses" while also being heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities. Companies began in 2011 to launch BB creams in Western markets, namely Garnier and Dr. Jart, with others such as Dior and Clinique following suit in 2012. [Source: Wikipedia]
BB Cream is a mulit-purpose makeup that claims to be your moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock all in one. Most, maily the Korean/Asian brands, have an added whitening element involved, but the newer ones developed in the US opt not to use it in theirs. Honestly the newer, Western ones being produced seem more like a tinted moisturizer rather than a makeup.

I have tested about  8 brands and 20 different types with various claims and I have found my absolute favorite to be L'EGERE (a Korean brand) to be the best. Coverage is flawless and use is SO easy. The exact type I would recommend and always buy is the Double White O2. You can get these on Amazon.com easily.

Features for this product include:
  • Moisturizing, Anti-acne, Anti-wrinkle, Anti-Aging
  • Double whitening
  • Perfect cover for skin troubles, Pure mineral powder makeup, Multi skin care formula

  • Honorable mentions, and my next favorite brand is Skin79. I've used their Hot Pink Super Triple Function BB Cream and it was also great on coverage and use! I would also use this brand, they have a lot of different types depending on how you want your skin to look. Here is a chart they have for you to decide which BB Cream is best for you...which is totally awesome and useful to have!

    That is all for me this week, as always feel free to contact me with questions or FABULOUS products you think deserve recognition: Jessica@CertifiedFabulous.com.

    Check out www.CertifiedFabulous.com and sign up to be on our Beauty Criminal Accomplice rap sheet to learn about our upcoming contests, survey's and insider info :)

    Until next week, Keep On Being Beautiful You!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment