Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bold Blushing Beauties are the Trend...Do You Dare?

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here and this week we have been reviewing blushes. Now according to my #1 go-to magazine, People Style Watch, a top fall trend is rosy cheeks!


I have always worn blush so it's a daily process for me and very normal for my makeup routine. It actually surprises me when I see people without it! Pink cheeks just brightens up your whole look and compliments skin tone, when used the right way with the right color of course. There is a right and wrong way to wear blush and it can be very hard to tell sometimes if you have too much on or not. Trust me I have made this mistake and some of my friends are not shy to let me know! Since I don't have a makeup artist everyday I have had some trial and error days... don't worry your not alone...I mean how else are we suppose to know what works best if we don't experiment?

My latest, bold experimentation with blush has been my purchase of the e.l.f. (eyes lips face) brand. First of all this brand has some amazing products that are VERY inexpensive. I know if I want to do any testing out of colors I will turn to this brand...some things are as low as $1...everyone has at least $1 to spare for the sake of beauty! I signed up for their mailing list and they have some amazing bargains and give-a-ways all the time, on top of their low prices! How do  they do it?! Okay so there was this color that caught my eye in the store when I was looking for a new blush. I have been trying to copy a bunch of cool makeup looks that had these amazing sweet girl blush look to them. I have always been in love with Emily Browning's makeup in Sucker Punch so when I saw e.l.f. blush in Pink Passion I immediately thought of her (pictured below).

Emily Browning in Sucker Punch
The color is beautiful and I do love it but it is easy to get carried away with a bold color if you are use to sheer /natural colors. So I will admit I went a little blush crazy at first, but now I have worked with it and have it down to a reasonable amount :) Like I said it's cool to try things / looks out but you might want to practice first!

As for my everyday, natural blush I switch between two. One of my faves is Almay powder blush - 140 Pink. The color is very natural and easy to use without the fear of over applying. It is pretty sheer and has a build-able type of a color. In my opinion it is mistake proof. This is an easy pick for quick, simple color.

Lastly, my other fave blush pick goes to CoverGirl Classic Color blush in 540 Rose Silk. This also has a very natural look to it, but it is not as sheep as the Almay one so be careful not to over apply. But this is also a type of blush that you can build color on, so you can make it look ight and classic  or dark and dramatic. This is an easy one to transition from day to night and easy to travel with, as it comes with a handy mirror.


A few things to keep in mind when picking out colors (thanks to advice from my stylist, People Style Watch - September issue):
  • Dusty Rose or Warm Pink blush  = Fair Skin
  • Fuchsia or Bright Bubblegum = Olive Skin Tones
  • Raspberry  = Darker Complexions
  •  
 
Until next week, Keep On Being Beautiful You!


No comments:

Post a Comment