Friday, October 5, 2012

Butter for Boobies

Hey Everyone and happy Friday! Welcome to the first week of October.  I'm pretty sure this is one of my favorite months.  Yeah, I'm a Halloween junkie!  But aside from annual scariness another important part of October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

We all think that, "Oh that won't happen to me."  "Cancer is something that happens to other people."  Negative my friends, cancer can happen to anyone.  It does not discriminate against age, race or creed.  Like an angry tornado, it rarely has mercy on its victims.  But for survivors there are organizations that embrace and celebrate the battle that has been overcome.  One of my absolute favorites is, B4BC; Boarding for Breast Cancer http://www.b4bc.org.  They are a non-profit organization that was founded in 1996 with a focus on helping to educate the younger generation about early detection.

B4BC's mission statement is easy:
Early Detection + A Healthy, Active Lifestyle = The Best Prevention

One of the great things that B4BC does is they put together a retreat for survivors. This year it was held in Encinitas, CA.  The Survivor Ocean Retreat is a weekend dedicated to helping these courageous women to rejuvenate and reconnect with their bodies in a natural comfortable environment.  They have the chance to surf, practice yoga, even get massages.  They are truly pampered.  The best part is as the survivor is nominated and scholarships and donations  pay for their weekend.


So now your asking, how can I help?  Well I'm here to share with you how 2 wonderful organizations have teamed up.  If you haven't visited www.hellomellow.com when I talked about their awesome scrubs, now you have the opportunity to go and check out their body butters.  Hellomellow has teamed up with B4BC and will give 5% of your sale of Balance (the purple one) products to B4BC.  It's a win, win!  You get  superior body products and B4BC gets to go out, educate and save lives.

You know when I was little I hated wearing pink.  Now I wear it proudly year round!

Love your sisters, mothers and friends!
Hug away you crazy huggers...

until next week,

beckie b

No comments:

Post a Comment