Friday, October 26, 2012

Eyes That Sparkle Like a Disco Ball


When the street lights come on and the witches are witching and the ghosts begin to howl... that's when you know it's Halloween time!  So what are you going to transform into?  Even if it's just for one night, who would you be?  For me Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because it gives me an excuse to dress up and be someone else if only for a couple hours.
This year I'm transforming myself into a disco diva.  That's right party people, the 70's are back and they are fly.  I love the 70's disco free spirit energy.  The make-up was awesome and the hair... oh the hair!  Big fros or the Farrah Fawcett feather, right?  I love the bright colors and the flamboyancy of the clothing and make-up from the 70's.
That being said, I found Medusa's Makeup http://www.medusasmakeup.com/ and let me tell you they L-O-V-E color and glam too.  They have everything from eye dust and  glitter to add a little sparkle to your far-out eyes to colored mascara, What?  Yeah I know, color mascara!  You can have everything your foxy little mind ever wanted all on one website.  So much hip stuff and only one face to try it on!  So I tried their eye glitter in, what else... Xanadu!  It's this beautiful iridescent aqua blue.  You can mix it with gold eyeliner or green shadow and your eyes will look AWEmazing!  Now because it is a loose glitter you'll have to use an adhesive. So I just squeeze a little bit of Too Faced Glitter Glue on the top of my hand (like in the meaty part between pointer finger and thumb) and dab my angled brush in it. This way you can control where your glitter goes and it'll stay on all night.  Plus you can just keep adding more and more glitter!  And who doens't like glitter? Ok... well my sweetheart could probably do without it on his face on Monday morning...oops sorry sweetie... a little collateral make-up damage- LOL!

Here's some fun facts about Halloween you can impress your friends with.  My favorite is #4... I guess you can thank the next person that calls you a Witch!

  1. Because the movie Halloween (1978) was on such a tight budget, they had to use the cheapest mask they could find for the character Michael Meyers, which turned out to be a William Shatner Star Trek mask. Shatner initially didn’t know the mask was in his likeness, but when he found out years later, he said he was honored.h
  2. The first Jack O’Lanterns were actually made from turnips.e
  3. Halloween is the second highest grossing commercial holiday after Christmas.f
  4. The word “witch” comes from the Old English wicce, meaning “wise woman.” In fact, wiccan were highly respected people at one time. According to popular belief, witches held one of their two main meetings, or sabbats, on Halloween night.g
  5. Samhainophobia is the fear of Halloween.a

Happy Haunting and have a hug-o-rific Halloween!
beckie b

No comments:

Post a Comment