Monday, October 29, 2012

Going Nude...


Hello readers, Linnea here! So the month of October has flown by! 

I have one more product to talk to you about this month and I was very excited to try out my selection this week –MAC Cremesheen Crème D’Nude. It’s the second lipstick I have blogged about but I must say the two are very different in terms of color and style! I've been searching for a nude lipstick, but I've had trouble finding the right nude to match my skin tone… until this one J I like the look of nude lipstick because I feel as though I can dress up the eyes and compliment them with an understated lip for everyday wear.

I haven’t used MAC lipsticks or nude lipsticks, so I had to try this one a couple of ways before I was satisfied with the look. When I first tried it on, I put on a rather thick layer. Although I liked the color, it didn't blend well into my lips. I found that it looks nicer to smooth the lipstick with your finger for a more casual and natural lip. Even just a light layer of the lipstick looks elegant and more natural than a thicker layer. It also helps to exfoliate your lips before applying the lipstick to prevent highlighting dead skin. 
To exfoliate my lips, I combine sugar and olive oil for an instant lip scrub! I find that exfoliating the lips helps with any lipstick that I wear. The Crème D’Nude has a nice sheen quality and moisturizes pretty well compared to other lipsticks I have used, especially after exfoliating.
The Crème D’Nude is not a statement lipstick in my opinion (especially compared to the Bright Orange lipstick I blogged about last week), but I have been carrying it in my bag quite often to use as a casual shade! It goes with almost anything I want to wear and helps create an understated yet chic look. 

What do you think about nude lipsticks? Let me know of any favorite nude shades or tips for a great nude lip!

Linnea

No comments:

Post a Comment