Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ulta is the Perfect Place to Start Your Beauty Addictions!

Claudia
Certified Fabulous is growing! We would like to introduce our newest member to the team, Claudia!

Hailing from Germany where she studied Journalism and Media management Claudia has always had an eye for beauty.  Previously working at a TV station and as videographer for the German government, Claudia can see both what looks great in person and on camera.  After managing a customer care center in the U.S, where she globally marketed beauty products, Claudia’s extensive cosmetic knowledge equips her to recommend items of all price ranges, from department to drug stores, to the readers of certified F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.  

SKIN TYPE: Sensitive
HAIR TYPE: Long, frizzy and wavy
HAIR COLOR: Blond
COMPLEXION TYPE: Fair. Prefers pastel colors.
EYE COLOR: Green
FAVE PRODUCTS: Nail polishes, Nivea lip balm and body lotion, Neutrogena hand crème, benefit eye shadow and blush


**************************************************
Let’s be honest, we all started off new in the beauty business at some point. Some earlier and others later. I was part of the later group. :) I have always used lip balms and lotions and cremes but I when it comes to eyeliner, concealer, primer or foundation, I wasn't too sure what to do with it. When I started to work with certified F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. I opened myself up to a whole new world. I was told it could become overwhelming but I wanted to take on that challenge. I received the suggestion to start my journey at Ulta

Now here I am walking into this gigantic store with all these beautiful ladies that seemed to have the perfect make up that I probably would never be able to apply to my face. That’s what I thought. 

I explained my situation and the Ulta makeup artist introduced me to, Benefit, one of her favorite brands. She suggested sticking with one brand to show maximum results. I explained that, being a new mom, sleepless nights happen a lot and therefore I might look very tired occasionally. She started me off with the Stay Don’t Stray primer to cover up dark circles. 

I used to apply powder next but having dry skin the Ulta makeup artist advised not to use powder anymore as it will dry out skin even more. 

She then chose a kit, that is named Big Beautiful Eyes”, and I have to say I love it. The beautiful pink box includes boi-ing as a primer, a pink base shadow, cocoa shimmer contour shadow, a rich chocolate brown liner shadow and 2 brushes for easy application. On top of that, it has a mirror built in for those times when I need to apply my makeup on the go because I didn't have time to do it at home. For beginners, a step by step description on how to apply the product is included as well. Awesome choice!
 
My makeup session was then finished with a great combination of eyeliner and mascara and the beautiful "Hoola" blush which matches the eye shadow amazingly!

I have to say thank you to the Ulta team! It was a great experience to come into a store with little knowledge and be treated like a queen who gets great insider makeup tips from a professional. I am sure my next makeup shopping trip will be to Ulta again!

Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment