Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4 Essential Beauty Products for a Night Out

Happy Halloween Fabulous Readers!

I hope you all got some ideas from us in our last week's blogs in preparation for the big costume day! We would LOVE to see any pictures or videos of your creations for Halloween so PLEASE post them on our Facebook page, Tweet them to us or email us cert.fabulous@gmail.com!

This week is Wild Card so we get to talk about anything! I love these weeks :) I have SO many products I love and get to finally tell you about so I decided to make a top 4 list of the best date night / event night beauty products! All brand new discoveries I have found while out shopping and just had to try! 


1) Foundation = Classified Cosmetics: Aero Minerale makeup mist - This product is a mineral foundation that dispenses by a spray mechanism. I experienced the TEMPTU airbrush makeup at Cosmoprof  and loved it, but it is on the pricey side...so when I saw this idea in an easy (and inexpensive) spray can I just had to put it to the test! The short answer, I love it! Now to break it down for you so you use it properly and not get a bad first impression you must first understand that being able to spray makeup perfectly on your face is impossible. Unless you are using equipment like TEMPTU that is designed to spray the perfect amount of makeup...thus the higher cost. The Aero Minerale makeup covers flawlessly with the right application. First have a makeup sponge readily available. The product comes with directions, but what I did was hold out the can about 8" away and sprayed fast across one section of my face. I dived it into four spray sections; Forehead (wear a headband to not get hairline), left cheek, right cheek, chin. Once you spray one section take the sponge and pat makeup in place. One all of the sections were applied and perfected to my liking I applied a setting powder, I use NYC loose translucent powder. DONE! My skin seriously looks flawless and I am happy :) I will use this foundation for nights out, events and in any film projects I do. Love! 

*Fun Fact: On the movie set of Breaking Dawn makeup artists used 1,000 of these cans!

2) Eyes = Eyeko London: Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - This is a VERY easy liquid eyeliner pen to use. The tip is not flimsy so the application run smoothly and right where you want it. It is not a brush applicator so you don't have to worry about lose or stray bristles coming off or bending and getting eyeliner all over. Doesn't smudge or rub off and last all day!!! I am a HUGE cosmetic girl and let me tell you not only do I try brand new things as they hit the market, but I have tried dozens of different brands and products in the category and I deem this my favorite liquid eyeliner! It also comes in 5 colors (Olive Green, Brown Purple, Navy Blue & Black) so you can accentuate and bring out any eye color.  
I have been really into the Old Hollywood Glamour looks so I just apply white eye shadow all over my lid and to my inner corners, line my top lid with a thick layer of liquid liner,  and contour the lid crease with a darker shadow. Add a bold, thickening mascara and your done!


3) Lips (and/or Blush) = benefit: Posietint - For that classic, sweet girl pout this is the ULTIMATE secret weapon! You can make this poppy-pink liquid gel tint as light or as dark as you want by layering so it can achieve many different looks for any occasion or depending on how dark or light you make your eye makeup. Once applied it will last for hours! Stays in place after eating, drinking and kissing :) It looks natural and not fake, dry or cakey like some color stay lipsticks can be...most guys are afraid to kiss colored lips, especially if it looks like an unnatural color that might transfer onto them. This product says you can also use it as a cheek stain but I prefer the old fashioned powder blush. You can even apply a clear gloss or chapstick for plumper lips...the color will stay in perfect place. I can't live without this! Even the way you apply it is unique, it looks like a nail polish, you brush on the liquid gel stain with a "nail polish" brush and it works accurate and perfectly. If you want to apply more layers to darken the pink color make sure to let the layers dry before you apply more. It comes in different tones, like Benetint, which is a redder color. 

4) Hair = Rusk: w8less hairspray -  It's very important to find the right hold for any type of style you decide to do. Curly, wavy, straight or up it is important to always spray your hair in place to stand up against wind, humidity, rain...anything! I use hairspray everyday just to tame my flyaways and give me hair a more finished look... especially since I wake up most days with zero time for hair, so when I have to work with my natural frizzed waves I have to at least make time to tone them down! Rusk is a new brand to me for the hair world and I am glad I took the chance! I didn't get the strongest hold spray, but the second the last and it means what it says when they call it a "strong hold". I can depend on this to work all day and never have to reapply or fix throughout the day. Made to shape and control this does the trick for me and it is perfect for a night out so you can worry more about having fun and not what your hair is doing :)

What are some of your date night looks??

Until next time...
Keep on Being Beautiful You!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment