Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crazy Lips on a Leap Day...

JESSICA
Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers

Today is Leap Day...so we have an extra day this month! This happens because a complete revolution around the sun takes approximately 365 days and 6 hours. Every four years, during which an extra 24 hours have accumulated, one extra day is added to keep the count coordinated with the sun's apparent position. Interesting huh?

So on this Leap Day I am continuing the conversation of Unusual Lip week and since we all had to try the lip tattoos I am going to just tell you my experience on the subject.

Violent Lips have come out with some cool temporary lip tattoos! What an interesting idea and they have SO many options to choose from you can wear them with any outfit you have! They have crazy designs or just plain color ones...depending on how bold and daring you want to be :)

The ones I choose were The Coral Cheetah, and I picked it because I loved the coloring and the design is pretty wild...like me (at times). The thing about these is that you MUST take the time to cut them right to fit your lips! That step, I think, is most important because cutting them wrong is annoying. Sara and I actually did a YouTube episode on these (you will see on Friday) and we kind of roughly cut the size to get the show started and turned out with mistakes that you will get to see! hah Still cool and awesome looking...just not the right sizes...so if anything cut them right to your lips!

It also takes a little while to get use to the feeling of the tattoo on your lips, but just like any uncomfortable beauty product that is worth the weird sensation...you will eventually get use to it, like fake eyelashes. This is a super fun girls-night-in idea or for going out with a group of people or just because it is FUN! I know Kim Kardashian has worn these and posted her Twitter pic wearing the black and white checkered ones. Hers came out flawless looking so I assume a makeup artist applied them for her.

 Some other unusually awesome lips from glosses that have my attention with their crazy cool packaging are: tokidoki and their colorful Roulette Gloss Trio.  Three lips glosses in one cool case! I love how original they are and the characters and art they create is adorably evil :) They have a clothing line, jewelry, accessories, and much more. Check out their website: http://www.tokidoki.it


Another lip gloss with interesting and creative packaging that is bound to make you blush is from Urban Decay. The Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss raves that you can "Undress our men with the flick of your wrist! Inside the cap of our custom tube is a photo of a yummy man". They have a variety of different types of men, from a business suit type to a fireman to a surfer and even a rock star! I took a double take when I passed this in the aisle of my favorite cosmetic store and then of course I had to try them all :) I couldn't not buy this and ended up picking it up for my best friend for Christmas. These are a great gift or a guilty pleasure for yourself (hehe).


ENJOY!

Keep on Being Beautiful You!

PS - Don't forget to watch Sara and I testing out the Violent Lip Tattoos Friday on our YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/certifiedFABULOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment