Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Confessions of a Concealaholic

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers :)


Jessica here this week to get into the secrets of concealing...specifically on the face. Now we have all been there, tired mom's to the single party girl. Waking up after only a few hours of sleep is rough...and now you have to show up to work looking rested and fresh...ugh, all the coffee in the world can't fix those blood shot eyes and dark circles. Now what?!

Well it's too late for any sort of repair so all we can do now is conceal! After a few squeezes of eye drops into your eyes and making sure you hydrate with water all day (coffee in between of course), let's look at makeup that will deceive everyone into thinking that you had 8 hours of sleep.

The genius brains at Benefit know what I am talking about, and they made a complete kit for concealing my lack of sleep, and occasional stress or "up all night dehydrating my skin and now it wants to pay me back" blemish that developed suddenly. Confessions of a Concealaholic is the all in one kit for camouflaging and brightening my naughty skin. It comes in the cutest packaging and even includes an adorable booklet to explain the products and how to use each one for certain things in the style of a written diary entry...cleaver.. "That Gal" brightening face primer turns dull skin to a radiant glow, a perfect start to making this tired face perk up.
Next, the item I used most in the kit...Erase Paste, a brightening camouflage made for dark circles under the eye! Dot this on the darkest areas and gently blend for the ultimate coverage... Ahhh, my hero :) The Boi-ing industrial strength concealer is made for the oh-so-annoying and major blemishes that may arise, they have two colors that you can blend together to create your own custom skin match color then you are set.

Book with Kit
Lastly, the kit also comes with a color correcting eyelid primer, Lemon Aid, and an instant eye brightener, Eye Bright. Lemon Aid is a charming, soft yellow creation that can be used alone to brighten the eyes and hide discoloration or it can be applied before your eye shadow as a primer. The second most used product in the kit for me is the pinky cream awesomeness called Eye Bright and it totally livens up my tired eyes when I strategically place a few dabs in the inner and outer corners of my eyes!

Confessions of a Concealaholic has it all and even comes with the brushes labeled with the product name you use the brush for! Whatever your need or problem, this kit has you covered, and it is super easy to use...what more could you ask for?

The only additional thing I do, for extra tired eyes and to set the Erase Paste, is sweep a pink shimmer face powder directly over the paste. This helps to add light reflection and give the illusion of a healthy glow. I will have to look up the brand and update this blog tomorrow...since I left it at home! Sorry, check back tomorrow if you want to know the brand and this will be updated with the info :) *UPDATE: the powder I have is very old but it was the Revlon Skinlights loose powder face illuminator. You can still find it on amazon.com...but really any shimmer face powder will work just the same :)

Dear Diary, I must confess...I am a Concealaholic! I blame my addiction on Benefit *sigh*

Until next week...Keep on Being Beautiful You!

No comments:

Post a Comment