Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bright White is Always in Fashion, Are You Ready?

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here and this week, as you know, we reviewed various teeth whitening remedies!

I think it is SO important to take care of your teeth, they are what make a first impression positive...people noticed a big bright smile :)

I think I started noticing my teeth were not the whitest when I looked back at photos and compared them to other people's teeth. All that coffee and red wine really took a toll on the look of my smile! I started to really be concerned about this when I was getting more serious about my acting career...what actress do you know with beige teeth??  So I looked into fixes and found an array of products on the market. I love the Crest White Strips, easy and only 30 minutes...yes Crest is the best! I like the ones you use for 2 weeks and then you are good for the year.

For blog sake, and to help you to make a determination between the various whitening ways out there, I ventured out to try a whitening system that involved a tray / mouth piece. Normally these things are frowned upon because they are considered more work and annoying to keep in your mouth. However, when I tested out Rockstar White "Be Kissable" teeth whitening system I found these issues to be non-existent!

First of all the name and packaging is very cool, and they give perfect directions on how to work this kit. They even provide a video and more details online at their website so you should never have any doubt or questions how to use this product. You first have to mold your mouth piece to your custom imprint. This part is actually kind of fun and interesting. You open a packet with a mouth guard with a type of soft plastic/gel. You simple position it in your mouth and bite down...there, you created your custom mouth piece! Then you take out the pre-loaded syringe with the whitening gel, squeeze a small amount into the teeth imprints and place back into your mouth. On the mouth piece it tells you on the sides which side is up...simply labels "SIDE UP". If you put too much gel into the imprint and feel some irritation on the gums, they also include Vitamin E swabs to sooth the gums after you remove the tray.

You can leave the tray in for 30 minutes and up to one hour, so I tried to at least keep it in for 45 minutes. In comparison to strips, the tray allows you to keep the gel in a concentrated area and in all the indents your teeth naturally has whereas the strips are mainly surface. Also a collection of saliva forms when do any process, but I felt like the tray let me easily swallow and normally take care of my saliva (too much information? hah). The strips actually release bits of the gel and I end up sucking in an accumulation of saliva and whitening liquid...yuck. Once the time is done I simply take it out, rinse it with water and leave out to dry. I then rinse the excess with Crest Pro-Health Multi-Protection Rinse and sometimes also dry-brush with a toothbrush. Don't forget, not eating or drinking an hour after you use this, but that is standard for any whitening system you use anyway. Best if used at night before bed.

The syringe carries 27 treatments in it and I suggest using it either every other day or once a week... although they say you can use it every day if you want.  LOVE THIS! I think I may like this better than the strips! I feel like a Rockstar :)

Next, Toothpaste is also VERY crucial in the whitening of teeth!!! I am OBSESSED with Crest 3D White Vivid Toothpaste. It is truly amazing and I recommend this to anyone who will listen! This is part of my everyday routine and I use it twice a day, sometimes three if I can. Said to, whiten by removing up to 80% of surface stains in just 14 days Its patented dual-action silica system polishes away stains to gently whiten teeth. I always buy this in a two pack so I know I won't run out for a while!

After I brush with my whitening toothpaste I follow up with Crest 3D White Multi-Care Whitening Rinse. This is also a must in my routine! This wash uses a unique formula with the same whitening ingredient as Crest 3D White Whitestrips and it not only freshens breath and whitens, but protects against future stains. This is something you must have if you just can't give up your coffee and red wine :)

Don't forget to floss!!!!! I floss after every meal, SO SO SO important and it seriously takes no time at all...so no excuses!

Okay that is my (long...I know) review on teeth whitening. I love taking care of my teeth and making sure they are at thier best whether I go to an event, have photos taken or act in a film project...I am ready!

Have an opinion on the products I talked about?? Let me know! Log into the website and check out the Vanity tab to see detailed information on the products and take a moment to share your experience with us!

Until next week, Keep On Being Beautiful You!

No comments:

Post a Comment