Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm not seeing spots any more..





Hello and Happy Friday from me, Beckie!

So if you are a daily reader, you've probably caught on that we have been discussing skin brightners and such this week. I have to admit that being a sun goddess does come with a price and sometimes it's not just tan lines. I do take relatively good care of my skin, but it seems that I'm always a step behind. Take for instance, I get a blemish. Instead of maintaining my stress levels and eating right, I just slap on some zit cream and pray it goes away. Well I kinda have that same problem with skin discoloration too. Don't get me wrong, I wear my daily sunscreen but it doesn't seem to be enough. So enter Plan B... skin brightners.

Recently I had seen a bunch of ads for Garnier's Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector. So I thought, hey I'll try that. It's not too expensive and it's had ALOT of press with great reviews. Well it's been 2 weeks since I started using it and if I can be honest, I haven't seen much of a change. Now I don't have dark hyper-pigmentation, but I do have a couple spots on either side of my forehead from hormones and some slight discoloration on my cheeks from the sun. Garnier experts recommend using for 8 weeks for optimum results so the jury is still out on the outcome of this product. In 4 weeks, Garnier states that you should see some change. Well Friends, my fingers are crossed and I'll keep you posted.

If I had a choice of products to brag about though, it would be my old BFF Dr. Dennis Gross's Daily Alpha Beta Peel. This easy two step process has amazing results. I can always tell when I haven't been using it. My skin is dull and the pores on my cheeks are like craters. Even better? My dark spots diminish. Dr. Gross's team made this product so user friendly. It comes in a dual packet, easily marked with Step 1 and Step 2. Step 1, simply exfoliates your skin and takes away all the dead skin and Step 2 brightens, clears and smooths the appearance of fine lines. If you wanted to, you can travel with these too. It's not like 2 huge bottles you have to lug around and then pack cotton balls to apply. Just simple, small compact packets.

I will say you will get what you pay for... RESULTS!

So there's my recommendations for the week.

Keep this in mind this weekend, you never know who's life you'll change with a simple gesture of kindness.

Cheers!
Beckie

No comments:

Post a Comment