Monday, September 19, 2011

Make those Pores Invisible

Good Monday Morning :)  It is Sara starting the week...

I want to talk about the fact that I was lucky enough to have a reader comment on my blog and it looks like i did not answer... For some reason there were some issues with blogger host and the writer posting comments on their own blogs... so I did answer Jen question about Masks for Dry Skin on our Face book Page Reply on masks for dry skin . 

Now onto today... Pore minimizers... 
Pore minimizers, Pore refiners,and  Primers, all refer to a (mostly) silicone based product which will diminish the appearance of your pores. Most of them have light reflective properties so that it reflects the light off your skin is such a way, so your skin will have a smoother appearance.

I have tried some with other bases, meaning not silicone, and I have not found one yet that I think work as well as the traditional kind.

Silicone has many different names look for ingredients like Cyclopentasiloxane, Cylomethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, PEG 8 (or other #s) Dimethicone, these are some of the most common cosmetic ingredient names used for silicone.

I have said it before, I think silicone plays an important role in cosmetics. Silicone gives the product it silky feel, allows you to spread the product (cream or serum) over your skin, and in some instances is used during the formulation to help it from foaming.  It also is a skin softener and healer.

So back to pore minimizers, how do you choose the right one for you????  Well I am sorry to say, for me it was a matter of trial and error.  Primers are usually used by people with Oily skin to help their make-up (Powder or foundation) stay in place.   Since I do not wear foundation this was not a product I thought I needed... but once again as time passes, it seems like a little bit of coverage all the sudden, would not hurt for me to have...

So, I went a mission... going to this store and that... getting recommendations from friends.... I did not want one which left an oily feeling on my skin... I did like the idea of a slight tint, But I did not want a foundation level of coverage.... So I have two favorites which are emerginc Red Carpet Primer  and Smashbox Photo Finish Primers, this link will bring you to a guide to help you to find the one that is right for you... both of these are similar in the fact, they give you a nice bit of coverage with out the overly greasy feeling.. I do not like the feeling that I actually have something on my face...

I can wear these primers alone, or with a bronzer, and a bit of blush, and I am good to go.  I do not wear them everyday... But I definitely wear them if I am going to have any pictures taken of me, or if I just need to look nice...

You can go to a store like Sephora or Ulta and you will have a vast array of product at your disposal to try.

And of course if you would like any more information, please feel free to contact me.
Have a good week!!!! Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment