Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Need Nails Fast? Here is the Solution...

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here and as we reach the end of our nails month we get into the topic of nail treatments and fake nails. I am not too big into nails, I have already confessed to being a nail-biter! But as I have said I do love to put on some polish and designs now and then, especially for an occasion or mostly I dress them up in the summer when I do my tow nails too. Summer is time I spend most of my attention to my nails because I love playing with all of the fun colors and it really makes everything pop and feel fun!

My nails are just long enough to be painted and as I wear more polish I tend not to bite my nails, so I can do more fun things. The majority of the time, however, I have nub-nails...sad I know. The solution to when I have a major event, (such as a wedding or film festival) and I KNOW I have time to plan for nails I usually go to the nail salon and get the fake, acrylic nails that they glue and paint a special mixture onto your nails. I use this method about once a year since it can be harsh on the nails, but if you don't have much nails as it is you don't have much to lose...like me. They obviously look amazing and are strong and look perfect! They last a while too, just until your nails grow out and you then you either can have them filled at the base to extend the wear of the nails or you can have them removed...don't do like I do and rip them off...this is where you get the major nail damage! Make sure they cut them to a length you can handle, especially if you are not use to having nails...daily tasks can be difficult! I stick to the French Manicure look but you can do ANYTHING with color and design when it comes to fake nails, just ask your local nail salon for more details. Okay, so that is my long-term, I have time to plan nail solution...

My quick, "I need nails now" solution can be found most anywhere, I usually run to Target and get the Kiss brand ExPress-On, pre-glued French Manicure nail kit. I actually have tried it all from that brand and they have always done me right, but I prefer the pre-glued nails so I don't have to deal with nail glue! Although I would recommend having a little tube of nail glue handy for touch-ups because once they are on there is no room for error...but if you need to re-glue one a tube of glue would be helpful :) I usually use these when I have a photo shoot because that is a one day event I don't feel like spending money getting nails done for. The press-on nails are so easy to stick on and throughout the day if I need any touch-ups because my wardrobe change nearly took off a nail I just use the glue and it holds firm! These would be great if you want to save money for prom or if you have a night out or anything short term. Again make sure you get the size to fit your hand/nail size. I have to make sure I get the smallest ones because anything bigger would look ridiculous and obvious. Plus the length is usually perfect for the size you need too and they also offer shorter versions if you want, which I do because I am so not use to nails at a normal length and my normal daily routine tasks prove difficult.
 
The glue your self nails take a little bit longer, but do stay on a bit better too. So when I have a little bit more time to spend on applying fake nails I will go for the Kiss brand Everlasting French glue on nails, I get the Petites because I think they best fit my hand and look most natural, and also have the shortest length that I am comfortable with! This way I also have that tube of glue that will last me a while and I can use with other press-on nails. Either option you choose is very easy on the budget and take barley any time at all so if your in a hurry I recommend these.

I hope you have a great week and if you have any questions about fake nails you can always ask me! I have probably done it all, hah.

Until  next week, Keep on Being Beautiful You!

Don't forget, our One Year Anniversary is coming up and we have new things for you to see on our website!
A sneak peak into the new pictures and behind the scenes of our photo shoot can always be found on our Facebook page :)

No comments:

Post a Comment