Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beauty Myth Buster on Hydrating Combination/Oily Skin

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here to continue this weeks review topic of Hydrating Skincare. My skin type is combination, as I get oily on my T-zone and also can be prone to drier skin at times. As I have referred to it in the past...my bi-polar skin. It is very unpredictable and I have to be prepared to evaluate it at the end of the night to know how to treat it while I sleep and I also have to be prepared to treat problems that arise when I wake up in the morning. So I am fully stocked and prepared with acne cleansers and treatments for oily/breakout skin, as well as balms and oils for super dry/flaky skin that will suddenly develop.


I think I have my skincare routine down to a science, but it took many years to figure it out...and like I said I get thrown surprises now and then. Especially since it is (sadly) getting colder and colder my skin is battling the bitter wind outside and the drying heat inside, this is very confusing for my skin that has to keep re-adjusting the balance.

I am not a fan at all for moisturizers and face lotions...it creeps me out to think about my skin feeling so greasy and slimy after I worked so hard to make it squeaky clean! It takes a lot for me to like any sort of face lotion and I have blogged about all the ones I do use and like, which is probably only two at his point. Until recently when I tried a new lotion specifically for this weeks blog review, I have discovered a lotion that is light weight and absorbs into my skin quickly without any residue.
DHC: Pore Milk Facial Moisturizer absolutely is the perfect moisturizer for my skin type! It is so light it glides on  my skin and quickly dries leaving my skin very well hydrated. The smell is a faint grapefruit flavor and not offensive at all, which is perfect for me considering this product in on my face and staying on for a long period of time.



Not only does it feel good and moisturize my skin just the right amount, but it has a ton of added benefits that work to keep my skin healthy and clear! It helps to control excess oil, clarifies pores and tightens them to appear smaller and fights blemishes...a win, win :) This is a product I would use year round since it is so light and fresh feeling, I don't feel like I am wearing a mask of cream just to keep my keep nourished, so that makes me happy! My combination skin now has a way to be hydrated without producing more oil or shine!

Once again I have proven a myth wrong, it is possible to use a lotion suitable for combination/oily skin!

Until next time, Keep on Being Beautiful You!
Jessica


No comments:

Post a Comment