Monday, October 22, 2012

How to make colored masara look good

Sara
Colored Mascaras are so cool!  I know this week is all about Halloween, and this might be a great time to try one of these out.  For me I love colored mascara all year long!

There are definitely tricks to getting it to look good.  This is something you may need to practice, It is super easy, just takes a moment to try.  

Using color mascara is such a simple way to get a great look. For me a little under eye concealer and teal mascara and I can be ready to go on a Saturday afternoon.  Or use it to bring out different color shadows on your eyes.  (more tips on that to follow)


My favorite mascara for this is the Maybelline New York Great Lash limited Edition, Totally Teal.  This is an amazing mascara and the color is so bold that it is easily applied over my dark lashes,  You can clearly see I am wearing colored mascara, it is amazing. I do not want this to be a Limited Edition, they should make it a staple!

Max Factor Vivid Impact Mascara has a 2 part system.  First you apply the base coat to clean lashes, then apply the highlighting top coat.  This seems to help a bit because I have shade 910 which is a very light pink... so I have to use my technique below to get it to really show.

But I really like the color to show, so what I do is:
1. Take the highlighting (or color mascara) wand and point it straight at your lashes, so the tip is facing you. 
2. Make sure there is product on the tip of the wand
3. carefully run the tip of the wand up your lashes- from mid lash out towards the tip.
4. you will see clumps of product
4. then re dip the wand into product to get more product onto the wand
5. now turn the brush horizontal and brush on  mascara as normal.
6. make sure to zig zag the brush a bit to help the product from clumping or the lashes sticking together.
7. Most importantly- DO NOT BE SHY about building the color and applying more product until you reach the level of bold you are happy with!

Overall this technique allows more product to get onto the lashes and so the color can Pop more.  It is very helpful when the color mascara is lighter than your lashes.  or if the brand you have purchased just does not seem to be working...

I would love to hear if you have any tips, tricks, or what your favorite colored mascara is!

Have a great week!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment