Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How Do You Stand Out On Halloween?


      Hey readers! Gina here, anxiously awaiting Halloween, only a week from tomorrow!! I love Halloween and all of the creativity that flourishes around this wild holiday!  Everyone has their own ways of standing out during this spooktastic season of ghouls and goblins.  Where my creativity shines through this month around the holiday has been through nail designs! My nails have always been one of my biggest obsessions! Anyone who knows me will tell you they don’t see me with the same polish on more than two days in a row, obsessed is an understatement, Lol! So anyways as I mentioned in my previous blog, I have a rapidly worsening addiction to the FABULOUS world of Pinterest.  
One of my favorite things about Pinterest is the nail design pins posted! Especially when they show you the procedure!  Let’s face it, I’m no Picasso but some of these techniques are pretty easy and whether they come out perfect or not they’re super creative and always end up looking really cool.  So in relation to this week of Halloween craze, all this month I’ve been experimenting with dark colors with shinny accents to make my nails pop.  
Specifically Halloween related I’ve been using a lot of black with orange, sometimes adding a little gold sparkle or a textured finish.  One of my latest greatest finds includes OPI’s Sephora CollectionMatte Top Coat.  I apply OPI’s Black Onyx nail polish then add the matte top coat which dulls down the black shine so the sparkle or other colors pop even more.  The two orange colors I’ve been rotating between lately are OPI’s Atomic Orange and their Mod-ern Girl.  They different in tones but both I love them both and this season wear them very often! My favorite accent color is Nina Ultra Pro Big Spender. It’s a great accent color because it’s a gold glitter that goes on smooth the first time and doesn’t need more than one coat for that thick fabulous glitter shine, and unlike others I've tried its not translucent.  
Another one of my favorite new inventions is nail striping tape. It adds accent to plain nails and is super easy once you get the hang of it! I've been using black, orange and white paint and then striping it with gold or silver accents.  They always looks so cool and professional and don't take long at all! 


So make sure if you're looking for a creative way to stand out this fun freaky holiday, to check out nail designs that are super easy and outgoing! Have a way you like to stand out on Halloween? Let me know! Until next time friends, Have a great Halloween and enjoy the excuse to eat candy! ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment