Saturday, October 20, 2012

Moisturizer Intensified!

Hello Everyone, it's Linnea! I hope you are enjoying your week and that the fall weather (wherever you may be) is staying pleasant. Chicago, being the city that it is, is unpredictable when it comes to weather, but one thing you can usually count on is that it will be windy. Now I am not a big fan of the wind, I don’t know who is really, but it tends to aggravate me quite a bit. It messes up my hair, lifts up my skirts (have to watch out for that one), ruins my umbrellas, and my least favorite is that it makes it feel significantly colder outside. What does this have to do with skincare? Well the wind also makes my skin feel drier than usual...and I have dry skin already! I have to work a lot harder in the colder months to keep my skin from getting too dry and irritated.
This week I had the opportunity to try Borghese Curaforte Moisture Intensifier. I first tried this by itself and, at that point, I didn’t really see a change in my skin. But after reading the instructions, I realized that this is meant to be applied before your moisturizer, and not as a moisturizer on its own. As the description states it “intensifies and maximizes the skins capacity to hold moisture” by “allowing the benefits of moisturizers to penetrate easily and perform at their optimum.” So trying the product again, I applied it in the morning after washing my face (as instructed) and then applied my daily moisturizer. It was at this point that I noticed the benefits.
The Curaforte Moisture is very thin, light, and liquidity. This smooth layer of moisture instantly hydrates the skin, making it feel clean, fresh, and ready for a moisturizer. It may seem subtle at first, but it complimented and enhanced my moisturizer. When I applied my moisturizer on top of this, I noticed that my moisturizer went on much more smoothly and felt less oily, allowing my skin to take in and retain the benefits of my moisturizer. Not only did it help with the application of my moisturizer but also this layer of moisture helped my skin stay hydrated throughout the day.
 It was different using a product that was meant to compliment and enhance another product, but I definitely feel that there are times when your skin needs an extra hydration boost, and other times when you will be fine with just your moisturizer. So although I don’t think I will use this everyday throughout the year, this added layer of moisture will be especially beneficial throughout the fall and winter months. And with this as my secret weapon, I will not let the bitter Chicago wind get in my way of good skin!
~Linnea

No comments:

Post a Comment