Monday, March 12, 2012

My color Journey


Sara
Happy Monday,

There is so much you can do with eye shadow. I like to change my look almost everyday.  Because I have Blue -green eyes I had always kept with the same boring brownish purple for the crease of my lid... Maybe a little black liner, and black mascara. And for years, that was the standard look I had for work, going out, you name it, that was what I was wearing.....

Until.... One day someone recommended I go to a MAC counter and just meet with a make- up artist and see what other looks they could help me create.  So I started... I have gone to Laura Mercier, which is where I started and I am glad I did. They have some beautiful shadows and they are not highly pigmented so I was able to experiment with color and be comfortable with the new choices I was incorporating, like Eye-Shadow Matte Eye Colour - Sesame, which is a yellow tone with the Coffee.

I continued my quest for colors and expanded to Shiseido luminizing Satin Eye color trio in Purple...

Then my boldest move yet was to try Make- up Forever Star Powder.  These are shimmery colors with a bold pigment.  Apply these over an Eye primer base to help the colors Pop and stay :)   

 I go at least once a year to see a make-up artist, and I go on the website seasonally to Nars Cosmetics the latest seasonal collections, to see if there is anything I can add to my collection to change it up. 

I have found that going to see a make-up artist for help is very cathartic. Just like I like to change my hair, I think changing the colors in your pallet can be very freeing. Is it a fun way (as a responsible adult, lol) to change your look and how you feel about yourself.   I am not as bold by nature as you think I am by my ever changing looks.... I have had to work on this and going to all of these make-up artists have absolutely help me to come out of my color shell!

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment