Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Show Stopper Eyes with Long Lasting Shadows

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here and excited to still be talking about makeup! This week we get into eye shadows :)

When it comes to my eye shadow I only require that it last all day and for it not to crease! The worst is when my eye shadow (mostly the cheap, dollar store types) flake off all over my face throughout the day or to the other extreme, melt together into the crease of my eye lid creating this horrible worn-out makeup look. Is there any reliable eye shadow that won't have me checking the mirror ever hour or touching up whenever I get a chance to? Is it too much to ask that I feel confident when I wear makeup?!

Well now I don't have to worry since I finally found the answer to my dilemma. Revlon ColorStay eyeshadow quads. Four color coordinated shades to choose from and easily used to highlight, contour and color the eyes. When I fall in love with something I am so afraid it will be discontinued that I tend to be stingy with the use of the makeup to make it last, that being said I actually have an older version of this eyeshadow the 12 hour Copper Spice collection. After I started preparing for the YouTube channel on eyeshadow (posting this Friday), I looked up the links for Revlon to share with everyone at the end and discovered they now have a 16 hour ColorStay shadow quads! Even more variety of color combinations too. Since I use this eyeshadow as my go-to most everyday used one I stay with the brown shades and combinations since they best pop my blues eyes. The quads I will stick to is the Attitude, Moonlit, Addictive, Brazen and Decadent collections...but honestly they all are awesome! Even with some cool aqua and green colors!

The general rule for choosing eye shadows to pop certain eye colors is:
  • Green eyes: Purples, pinks, and reds / Fierce Favorites: gold, lime-green, really light green, bright purple (super modern)
  • ****************************************************
  • Blue eyes: Oranges, coppers, golds / Fierce Favorites: silver, turquoise, fuschia (brightens any shade of blue)
  • ****************************************************
  • Hazel eyes: Warm tones, bronzes, greens / Fierce Favorites: gold, lime-green, really light green, bright purple (super modern)
  • ****************************************************
  • Brown eyes: Browns, bronzes, greens / Fierce Favorites: tangerine, royal blue, hot pink, lime-green (the contrast adds punch to brown)
  • ****************************************************
  • Gray eyes: Grays, cool tones, brown / Fierce Favorites: silver-sparkle shadow makes all eyes look edgy

  • Grenadines

    Another thing for me, that I do NOT care for when it comes to eye shadow is shimmer shades and looks. It just doesn't suit me. So I am always on the hunt for amazing matte shadows! The absolute best I have found in that category comes from NARS and their Matte Eyeshadows. Wow, I have found exactly what I want in an eyeshadow now, they have the perfect matte shadows with strong, bold colors that really make eyes stand out! The color I purchased is called Grenadines (2064) and it is beautiful by itself for day makeup or combined with my black liners so dramatic night looks. I know it is expensive but a little goes a long way and gorgeous for any special event or evening makeup. They also offer trios if you want more of a variety for the money and then use it on special occasions. If you want a bold color that will look as dramatic as it does in the package...these are the eyeshadows for you! What you see is exactly what you get here!

    Don't forget to check out our YouTube channel Friday for our new post on EYESHADOWS!

    Keep on Being Beautiful YOU! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment