Thursday, July 12, 2012

Is Your Bronzer Right for Your Skin Tone?


Hey everyone, it’s Thursday, and that means were only one day away from the weekend!! This week were talking bronzers! During the summer months I tend to see a LOT of sun time and that leads my face to be a darker and naturally healthier version of its normal self.  For this reason when going out I tend to skip the foundation or any heavy facial make up and just fly by with a quick sweep of some bronzer to highlight my natural tan.  However when it comes to bronzers you have to be very careful in picking the right one for your skin tone, so you don’t end up looking an entirely different shade from the rest of your body.  Because let’s face it, whose going to believe that gorgeous glow, when from the neck down you’re three shades lighter? So when it comes to bronzers, like any of my facial make up I leave it to professionals!  

The Body Shop’s Baked-To-LastBronzer is what I am currently using.  I went into The Body Shop where they were more than willing to help me color match my skin tone to a product.  Since bronzer is pretty much the only make up I wear during the summer I was willing to spend a little extra for a good quality product.  But to my surprise I found their prices to be very reasonable for the good quality and lifespan of their makeup.  The Baked-To-Last is a natural looking bronzer with a discrete shimmer sheen to finish it off and offer an extended glow that lasts all day.  It’s a powder, packed with sparkle, sharing intertwined swirls of color and when it is applied in a genuine and modest amount, gives you the perfect summer glow. 
I usually just brush it on all around my entire face to head out for the day, but if I’m going somewhere special and decide to spend a little extra time on my makeup, I’ll base it with a foundation and sweep the Baked-To-Last along my cheekbones and nose, giving a more dramatic effect, yet still looking natural.  The bronzer is made in a way that through the swirls of color tones and the amount you apply, this bronzer is perfect for summer but can even be used in the winter time when you just need a little extra boost for your highlighted facial features.  It’s definitely a product I can see myself purchasing again!

Whatever you find yourself wearing this summer, pair it with a smile and a natural glow will follow! Enjoy your week! –Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment