Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Is Your Beautiful Bronze Safe?

Happy Wednesday Fabulous Readers!

Jessica here this week to share with you my review on bronzers. In the summer, and anytime in the year when I have a special event, I rely heavily on self-tanners and bronzers to tan my skin.

You all already know my primary way to tan perfectly is from my girl Jessie at Envious Bronze. When I am pressed for time I go to bronzers, as I talked about in my blog a few weeks ago.

For my face, however, I bronze that differently and separately. Since I wash my face everyday and use multiple products a fake tan will never last as long on my face as it does on my body. So to match my body tan I usually use a bronzer to match my face color. A makeup artist told me to never change the foundation color of my natural skin tone, just use powder bronzers to match a tan! So I do a few things to tan my face naturally to match the rest of my body.

Before my make-up even goes on I apply Laura Geller: Spackle, which is a tinted under make-up primer in bronze. It has a bit of a tint to it and works great as a primer before I apply foundation. After I apply my normal foundation and blush, I then apply my powder to set everything. I mix my usual translucent loose powder and add a touch of powder bronzer by CoverGirl TRUblend Minerals Bronzer. Expect it to be a bit shimmery and light reflective, which looks fine when I blend with my translucent. Sometime it might seem a bit too much so I decided to look for a matte type of powder bronzer to use when I don't want to look so glam.


Indian Earth is a loose powder that comes in a cute ceramic pot with a cork. It also comes with a huge cotton puff to apply the makeup. After my primer, foundation, blush and translucent powder are applied I dabbed on the Indian Earth bronzer as directed and I was instantly tan! As a warning to you though, make sure you follow the directions! It says to use the bottom surface of the cork as a palette, so while the cork is still in place shake the jar gently to get some of the powder on the bottom of the cork. Then remove the cork and tap any excess back into the jar. Break the puff applicator in by dusting it several times with the Indian Earth powder and then work the powder into the fibers, don't let the powder sit on the surface of the puff, work it in with your fingers. Then simply dust the puff on cheeks, forehead, chin and neck.

I loved the way I looked after I applied this! But as I said before, make sure you follow these directions. I actually tried to mix this with my translucent powder and brush it on as normal with my powder brush and it ended up coming out blotchy and like I randomly rubbed dirt into my face in random places!!! It took a while to fix but that is why you should follow directions...at least with this product :)

Enjoy the week and remember...
Keep On Being Beautiful You!

No comments:

Post a Comment