Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Hair Care - Are You Using the Right Products for Your Hair?

We all know that familiar feeling at the end of a beach or pool day when your skin is nice and tan and you’re feeling like a bronze goddess walking off the beach.  But what happens when you look in a mirror and see your hair?  After wondering, Did I REALLY look like that ALL day? You realize that while your skin is radiantly glowing, your hair has taken the backseat and is now tied up and forgotten about.  That is until your next shower when the tangled mess is something you’re afraid to touch.  I admit, I am guilty of the notorious messy bun, that my hair frequents all too often, I found I needed a little help with a summer regimen for my hair. 


I have extremely thick, long, curly, red hair that is admired by many but QUITE a pain to take care of.  So when I’d rather be spending my hot summer days out on a beach, instead of numerous hours detangling and pampering my unruly hair, I need a little extra product to do me a few favors.  A friend recommended the Healthy Sexy Hair line by Sexy Hair.  It’s a line of products she works a lot with at her salon so I decided to try it. 


What really stuck, and what I fell in love with, was their Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner.  It was a quick and easy treatment that left my hair soft and manageable for the entire day.  The product sprays on towel-dried hair and leaves your hair smooth and tangle free without a grimy, thick, or greasy residue that tends to weigh hair down.  The weightlessness was a major plus when it came to my already heavy hair in the days of thick heat and humidity. 

While I love this product, it can’t however do it all on its own.  I needed something extra when it came to clarifying.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE beach hair just as much as the next person, but only at the beach, not for days to follow.  Feeling the salt water or chlorine in my hair; greasy, thick, and just gross...it sent me on a search for any product that could fix this. Everyone knows that a healthy scalp is a major key to healthy hair.  But, just like the sun does to my skin if I don’t have the proper moisture, my hair and scalp starts to feel the summers rays and get a little dried out too. 

For these combined reasons, I was turned on to Paul Mitchell’sTea Tree Special Shampoo to do the trick.  It’s a lightweight creamy shampoo that cleanses and hydrates and feels amazing on your head.  Its tingly on your scalp while smoothing on your hair, making you feel refreshed and CLEAN.  It’s a purifying cleanser that gets rid of all of the impurities in your hair while leaving behind a smooth luster that shines your hair at its squeaky cleanest.  It certainly did the trick for my hair.  Now my hair is healthy and manageable and doesn’t tangle easily.  I now have all the time in the world to work on my tan knowing that my hair is happy and taken care of.

Keep enjoying the beautiful summer sunshine & happiness!  
Until next time, -Gina  

No comments:

Post a Comment